Already have a Username/Password for Emerging Health Threats Journal?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
By checking off the sub-items below #1-7 you formally take responsibility for the guarantees given therein and may be held accountable for any breach thereof. Note that this procedure is instead of, but just as valid as, signing the agreement on paper.
- I, the submitting author, shall be the point of contact throughout the peer review and proofreading process (if applicable).
- I, the submitting author, warrant that I am authorized by all co-authors to submit this version of the manuscript and to be their spokesperson during the review process and beyond.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that this manuscript – or a very similar version – has not been previously published, or is under consideration elsewhere.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that the submitted manuscript is original, and that neither it nor any illustration or supplementary material, or any part thereof, are in any way in violation of any existing original or derivative copyright.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that the submitted manuscript contains nothing obscene, indecent, objectionable or libelous according to generally accepted norms.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that any interests that might impair the credibility of the manuscript are disclosed in the cover letter to the Editor, which letter may be uploaded at the same time as the manuscript.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that I and my co-authors shall indemnify and hold harmless Co-Action Publishing and Editor/s as to warranties and representations of the author's ownership, originality, or similar breaches. Such indemnification shall last beyond publication of the article, as well as extend to all related claims.
I/we have strictly followed the Author Guidelines and made sure that:
- References are in in accordance with journal style
- URLs to online references are provided and ready to click (e.g. www.co-action.net)
- All references mentioned in the Reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa
- All tables and figures are referred to in the text
- Abbreviations in tables and figures are explained in the table notes and figure captions
- (If you are not a native speaker) The English text has been revised using a professional manuscript editing company e.g. Cambridge Language Consultant, Write Scientific Right, Editage, Cambridge Proofreading LTD, Quality Proofreading by PSUK, Scribendi Inc. or similar services (which can be found on the web using search terms such as “scientific editing service” or “manuscript editing service”.) All services are paid for and arranged by the author. Use of one of these services does not guarantee acceptance or preference for publication.
- The text has not been justified; a ragged right-hand margin has been used
- Only one space has been entered after the full-stop at the end of a sentence
- A double hyphen (--) has been used to indicate a dash in text TAB has been used when indenting paragraphs or separating columns in tables
- Italics or ‘single quotes’ have been used for emphasis (avoid using underlines)
- The same elements have been keyed in exactly the same way throughout the manuscript
- No tables, figures and legends have been uploaded separately. On the contrary, I/we have provided a complete manuscript PDF-file, with all tables, figures, legends and supplementary material (if applicable) placed at the end of the manuscript, following the references.
Only the cover letter will be supplied separately, during step four of the submission process.
The journal adheres to a 'double blind' review process and thus the identity of the authors should remain unknown. The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed. The title page revealing the identity of the authors should be uploaded separately.
- I have specified authors’ contribution in accordance with the instructions in Author guidelines.
Copyright and License Notice
Authors contributing to Emerging Health Threats Journal agree to publish their articles under the Creative Commons CC-BY 4.0 License allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, and to remix, transform, and build upon the material, for any purpose, even commercially, under the condition that appropriate credit is given, that a link to the license is provided, and that you indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.