Already have a Username/Password for Polar Research?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
By checking off the sub-items below #1-7 you formally take responsibility for the guarantees given therein and may be held accountable for any breach thereof. Note that this procedure is instead of, but just as valid as, signing the agreement on paper.
- I, the submitting author, shall be the point of contact throughout the peer review and proofreading process (if applicable).
- I, the submitting author, warrant that I am authorized by all co-authors to submit this version of the manuscript and to be their spokesperson during the review process and beyond.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that this manuscript – or a very similar version – has not been previously published, or is under consideration elsewhere.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that the submitted manuscript is original, and that neither it nor any illustration or supplementary material, or any part thereof, are in any way in violation of any existing original or derivative copyright.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that the submitted manuscript contains nothing obscene, indecent, objectionable or libelous according to generally accepted norms.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that any interests that might impair the credibility of the manuscript are disclosed in the cover letter to the Editor, which letter may be uploaded at the same time as the manuscript.
- I, the submitting author, warrant that I and my co-authors shall indemnify and hold harmless Co-Action Publishing and The Norwegian Polar Institute as to warranties and representations of the author's ownership, originality, or similar breaches. Such indemnification shall last beyond publication of the article, as well as extend to all related claims.
I/we have strictly followed the Author Guidelines and made sure that:
- References are in in accordance with journal style
- URLs to online references are provided and ready to click (e.g. www.co-action.net)
- All references mentioned in the Reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa
- All tables and figures are referred to in the text
- Abbreviations in tables and figures are explained in the table notes and figure captions
- (If you are not a native speaker) The English text has been revised using a professional manuscript editing company e.g. Cambridge Language Consultant, Write Scientific Right, Editage, Cambridge Proofreading LTD, Proofreadmyessay.co.uk, Quality Proofreading by PSUK or Scribendi.com: English Editing and Proofreading Services. All services are paid for and arranged by the author. Use of one of these services does not guarantee acceptance or preference for publication.
- The text has not been justified; a ragged right-hand margin has been used
- Only one space has been entered after the full-stop at the end of a sentence
- A double hyphen (--) has been used to indicate a dash in text TAB has been used when indenting paragraphs or separating columns in tables
- Italics or ‘single quotes’ have been used for emphasis (avoid using underlines)
- The same elements have been keyed in exactly the same way throughout the manuscript
- No tables, figures and legends have been uploaded separately. On the contrary, I/we have provided a complete Word-file with all tables, figures, legends and supplementary material (if applicable) placed at the end of the manuscript, following the references.
Only the cover letter will be supplied separately, during step four of the submission process.
- If the authors would like to suggest reviewers, the cover letter includes their full names, institutions and e-mail addresses. (Authors should also check this box if they have no reviewer suggestions.)
- To facilitate the review process, the main manuscript file contains all the tables, figures, captions and supplementary material. Smaller file sizes for figures are preferable because this will help keep the document from becoming unwieldy. (If authors are concerned that the low-resolution versions of their figures that are included in the main Word document will be hard for reviewers to decipher, then authors should note this in their cover letters and/or in their figure captions and, during submission, they may upload higher-resolution or vector-based versions of their figures as individual files.) If the manuscript is accepted, vector-based or high-resolution versions of the graphics will be requested for publishing.
See the Author guidelines for preparing figures. Please note that it is the responsibility of the author(s) to obtain permission from the copyright holder to reproduce figures or tables that have previously been published elsewhere.
- The journal employs to a single blind review process and therefore the title page of the manuscript should include all authors details.
- I have read the Publication fee information as indicated here.
Copyright and License Notice
Authors contributing to Polar Research agree to publish their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported license, allowing third parties to share their work (copy, distribute, transmit) and to adapt it, under the condition that the authors are given credit, that the work is not used for commercial purposes, and that in the event of reuse or distribution, the terms of this license are made clear.
Authors retain copyright of their work; however, authors are required to transfer copyrights associated with commercial use to the Norwegian Polar Institute.
Like most website operators, Co-Action Publishing collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Co-Action Publishing’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Co-Action Publishing’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Co-Action Publishing may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Co-Action Publishing also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. However, Co-Action Publishing does not use such information to identify its visitors, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Co-Action Publishing’s websites interact with Co-Action Publishing in ways that require Co-Action Publishing to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Co-Action Publishing gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask authors who are to pay a publication fee at www.co-action.net to provide certain details. Those who engage in transactions with Co-Action Publishing – by paying publication fees, for example – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Co-Action Publishing collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Co-Action Publishing. Co-Action Publishing does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Co-Action Publishing may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Co-Action Publishing may monitor the most popular parts of the website. Co-Action Publishing may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Co-Action Publishing does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Co-Action Publishing discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Co-Action Publishing’s behalf or to provide services available at Co-Action Publishing’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Co-Action Publishing’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Co-Action Publishing will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Co-Action Publishing discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Co-Action Publishing believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Co-Action Publishing, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of a Co-Action Publishing website and have supplied your email address, Co-Action Publishing may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with Co-Action Publishing’s products and services.
Thanks to Automattic and Own Terms.